Sunday 30 September 2012

Has there been any "Black Friday" discounts on Intermediate level Road Bikes?

For a month or so, I am trying to find some decent Road Bike, with Carbon Fiber fork, mostly to obtain lower price (of course, quality is also a factor) . Has anyone seen in past such “lowering of prices” on such bikes at Black Friday discount-time ? If so I can wait till then. If we do not have any history of such discounts, I can pretty much grab one among the choices that I see in new/used. I have budget only upto $ 600 …strictly not beyond that. I am aware of the lowest-end of the range !

If majority of your answers turns yes, I will wait. Else I have no other choice than to buy first one satisfying “carbon forks + good brand + price” combination at the optimum.

Possible candidates :
i) Schwinn Carbon Fiber-1000 on Walmart
ii) Carbon fork bikes on Bikesdirect / Performancebike (though I see no popular brand there)
iii) Used Specialized / Giant / Cannondale brand on Craigslist

Any sincere advice appreciated !
discount road bikes cannondale.

Old Hippie:Possible candidates :
i) Schwinn Carbon Fiber-1000 on Walmart

Toss that one out the window. NEVER buy a bicycle from a discount store. Got an R.E.I. store close by? See 1st link below.

Bikes Direct sells bikes under some older names that have been resurrected, such as Motobecane – an old French company that went belly up. Now it’s Motobecane U.S.A. Bikes Direct sells everything from junk to some real quality bikes. But…you can’t test ride B4 you buy.

Motobecane Record for $ 549.99 looks good. 2nd & 3rd links.

No comments:

Post a Comment